Friday, February 27, 2009

Reflection: Weeks 5 and 6

I swear this class just keeps getting better and better! I feel like I am really getting a hang on blogging, finally. I now know how to add color, bring in picture, hyperlink, and even bring in a youtube video. I am super proud of that last one. YAY!!!!! I really never thought that I would be able to handle having a blog, and now I think that I can.

In class these last two weeks we have watched some really interesting documentaries. I really enjoyed "Diet for a New America". It was facinating to me that 12 pounds of grains produces only one pound of beef. I honestly don't think that I will ever forget that. And I am going to try giving up beef for a while becuase of that fact. We also just finished watching "Future of Food", which is all about genetically modified foods. I honestly didn't know how much of our food is modified, and I had no idea that these modified foods were/are making people sick. How scary!

These last two weeks we have done reading reviews and eye openers, like usual. I really liked the Eye Opener: CSPI. In this one we learned about how our food choices are affecting the environment. I thought that that was really cool. I was appauled by some of my results, but I feel like that is what was supposed to happen. I now think more about what I am putting in my body and how it will affect the environment.


Have a Great Day!!!

4 comments:

  1. This class does keep getting better and better! I think most of us have the hang of blogging and are doing really well! I found the films we watched super interesting too! I also was shocked with the eye opener CSPI but like you said thats how it probably is supposed to be, it kind of shocks us to make a change in our lifestyles. Great post Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These eye openers have really revealed a lot to me about how enviromentally unfriendly I am. I am really starting to think twice before eating anything. I've been astonished by the doccumentaries in the past two weeks.II've learned so much about food!! It breaks my heart so know how unconsiderate the major food companies are.
    Good Post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear this blogging business is getting easier for you! It has definitely has been a great two weeks of learning for me too, very eye opening and its exciting to me to implement some new ways of living as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear that your getting a hang of this blogging system. I am still finding it hard to figure some things out on the system as well. The two weeks kept making me hungry since they dealt with food and I'm the kind to get hungry when talking about food. Besides, who doesn't love to eat?

    ReplyDelete