Friday, January 30, 2009

Reflection: Weeks 1 & 2

During the first week of class we created a gmail account and looked at a couple UMD Environmental Blogs. In class we were introduced to the class and participated in a rope activity. This activity was used to represent environmental issues that we are facing today.

During the second week of class we learned about the basics of blogging and blogging etiquette. This week we started actually working on our blogs and learning about the class assignments and requirements for our blog. Our assignment for this week was to completely set up our blog according to Dr. V's requirements. I found this to be kind of challenging. There is just a lot of new terms and processes that I need to get used to. So far I find this class a little overwhelming, but I think once I get more practice I will become more comfortable.

I don't think I have learned much about the environment in these first two weeks, but I definitely know that I don't know much about it, and I am really excited to start learning more. I took Computers in Education last semester and we just briefly touched on how to make a blog, so blogging for this class is much more complicated. I have learned a lot so far. I know that the technology aspect of this class is really going to challenge me because I am not super tech-savvy, but I am ready to give it a try, and I am hoping for the best.

For class we had to read about blogging etiquette, and I am going to make sure that I follow proper etiquette for my blog. I will be passionate about the environmental issues that I write about, I will always give credit to other blogs or resources that I get my information from, and I will always be respectful to fellow bloggers. Well thanks for stopping by!

Have a Great Day!!!

4 comments:

  1. Good thing you took computers in education last semester, so you’re not as confused as I am. And I am sure you’re going to learn a lot more about the environment in this class. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing wonderfully! I appreciate that you posted about blogging etiquette. It is very important!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with that at first this class was overwhelming. Now that we have been doing it for a couple weeks its exciting to see what all of us are learning! Looks like your doing really good so far, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely second your post about the challenges I have faced with this whole technology idea! I am, however, getting the hang of it and like how we are all connected at any time we want to be. Its a nice way to get to know one another :) I like the set-up you got goin here! Its a nice relaxing color scheme, and easy to navigate through it. Good job Sara!

    ReplyDelete